filters
State:
City:
Product:

American Power and Gas - Phone harassment. terrible company

Thank you so much for alerting us about your experience with one of our enrollment representatives. We take consumer feedback very seriously and believe it is one of the most important resources we have to improve our quality of service. We sincerely apologize for any upset our solicitation may have caused and would like to confirm your telephone number was placed on our Do Not Call list. Would you kindly contact us directly and provide the telephone number called to Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491, or you may reach us at customerservice@goapg.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Poor customer service

A slimy sales rep from the company called me three times in a row. All the calls were within the span of one minute.

I kept telling him I wasn't interested and hung up. And immediately he would call back. This was harassment and completely illegal.

The reason I hung up on him was because (1) he wasn't listening to me and kept bulldozing through my non-interest and request to end the call and (2) I had tried American Gas and Electric in the past and found that contrary to their promise, they ended up costing me 50-80% more in utility charges than my local *** Edison. It was a scam pure and simple.

American Power and Gas's reply to:

American Power and Gas - Rude persistent phone call and he called me back after hanging up

Review
Cons
  • Rude pushy sales staff
Poor customer service

They called this morning and I politely told them I was not interested, and then I hung up. They called back immediately and berated me.

I demanded that they they put me on their do not call list. It took a while, but they said they would comply with my request. They had incorrect information about my electrical supplier. They kept saying that they are not trying to sell anything, but I made them walk through the steps and it certainly would be a sales event if I signed up.

They then continued the rude high pressure sales methods.

I again told them that I have no time for this. I hung up again.

American Power and Gas - Electricity Supply Review

Thank you for leaving a review for American Power & Gas. We would appreciate the opportunity to further look into your billing details and would like to discuss a resolution for your concerns. If you have not done so already, would you kindly contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or email us at customerservice@goapg.com ? Simply leave the preferred phone number and timeframe and one of our representatives will reach out to you within 24 hours.  Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!
Problems with payment

I just received my bill from American Power &Gas for december 2016. We switched them in september 2016 as they promised my wife a 5.9cents savings per kilowatt compared to our current bill if she agreed to thier green energy program.

Unfortunately, she trusted them without checking thier reputation. We were paying AEP energy in august 2016 5.95 cents per kilowatt. Our first month with American Power & Gas we paid 8.99 cents for September. October 2016 10.72 cents November 2016 12.6 cents December 2016 15.26 cents.

The current rate for December 2016 if bought through the utility company ohio edison is 5.25 cents. How is this company not in jail for charging almost 3 times more than the other suppliers for the same exact service. Who is interested in joining a class action lawsuit against them. I am a landacaper in Ohio where i have 8 month of income and barely make through the winters paying bills with out income.

A $240 a month electric bill is normal. $632.35 for the same exact service is criminal.

American Power and Gas in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Bait & switch

Thank you for leaving a review for American Power & Gas. We would appreciate the opportunity to further look into your billing details and would like to discuss a resolution for your concerns. Unfortunately, we believe our attempts to reach you have been unsuccessful. Would you kindly contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or email us at customerservice@goapg.com? Simply leave the preferred phone number and timeframe and one of our representatives will reach out to you within 24 hours.  Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!
Pricing issue
Preferred solution
discontinued service

More than doubled the introductory rate in a matter of 5 months. Thieves.

Stay away. I called and they offered me the intro rate again. What does that tell you. They tried hard to keep me as a customer but I felt like I was taken advantage.

See ya later.

There are much better companies listed on PA POwer switch. Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware.

American Power and Gas - Upsetting, hostile, rude

Thank you so much for providing feedback and alerting us about your experience with one of our enrollment representatives. We take consumer feedback very seriously and believe it is one of the most important resources we have to improve our quality of service. We would like to place your telephone number on our Do Not Call list and use it to investigate any interaction that caused upset. Would you kindly provide the telephone number we contacted to Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491, or you may reach us at customerservice@goapg.com. Again, thank you very much for contacting us and giving us the opportunity to look into this matter.
Review
Cons
  • Bait and switch scam
  • Hostile
  • Disrespectful

June 14th, I received a call at my place of business , I realized immediately that this was a telemarketing call for electric so I said no thank you and hung up. They called back and said we were cut off by mistake and insisted they would hold on while I get my bill out ,so in a very firm voice I said it was no mistake I hung up because I do not wish to switch , well they called 3 more times in a row and then had another rep call telling me write down their name and a confirmation number,which ended with me screaming don't change my company and I'm calling the police for harassment !

American Power and Gas in Seminole, Florida - Extra Bill

Thank you for bringing your billing concerns to our attention. Based on the text of your review, it sounds as though you were in the middle of a billing cycle when cancellation was processed on your account. We would like the opportunity to discuss this with you and fully resolve your upset, as well as answer any questions you may have. Please contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or at customerservice@goapg.com. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Problems with payment

I don't know what is going on. We closed the account and I received a bill from aep for $44.00 then weeks later i receive another bill from American for $70.

I thought the $44 was the final bill. American says it is for supply chgs. The account is closed, why do I have supply chgs. Also, they called me every week about joining their green program.

Sure glad I didn't do that. These people are scammers. Should never have switched to them in the first place. After I switched, they never stopped bugging me.

They were like telemarketers.

And I have gotten more calls from other companies since I switched to them so, they must sell your info over and over. They need to be shut down because they are taking a lot of money from a lot of people.

American Power and Gas - Scammers

Thank you very much for taking the time to bring this to our attention.  We are sorry for the experience you have had with a representative from American Power and Gas and it is simply not okay with us. We would like to minimally place your number on our DNC list and would appreciate the opportunity to hear more about your experience. Unfortunately, we believe our attempts to reach you have been unsuccessful. Would you please contact our Customer Service directly at 1-800-205-7491 or at customerservice@goapg.com? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Poor customer service

They will tell you that they are required by law to hold and to get your bill. Ask them what law and as soon as you hear APG, i recommend record the conversation.

I will sue you for lying about law and for phone call harrasment. They would lie saying that no changes will appear on your bill but then saying later on if their company name doesn't show up, they ask you to call them and they will fix it. They just want you to change to their company.

A bunch of liars and thiefs. I have everything recorded.

Testimonial

American Power and Gas - Happy customer

I want Tatiana’s boss to know she has renewed my faith in American Power & Gas. I ran a call center for a number of years and I can tell she wasn’t afraid to take responsibility and make me happy customer. I can tell she went the extra mile to represent her company and I commend her for that! She went out on a limb for me and I appreciate that. - Bonita
Good customer service
Testimonial

American Power and Gas - Thanks for getting back to me so quickly

I called Customer Service and spoke with Tiffany. My utility company gave me a new account number so I wasn’t sure if I was going to get my rebate check or not. She called me back and said even though I was short a month, her company would honor the agreement and issue the rebate, and she gave me the amount. I really appreciate it and it shows the integrity of American Power & Gas. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. – Albert
Good customer service

American Power and Gas - Remove from your calling list

Dear Sir or Madam,

We reviewed your post and placed your telephone number on our DNC list. We apologize for any intrusion our solicitation may have caused. Should you have any further numbers you would like us to remove, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or at customerservice@goapg.com, and your request will be handled promptly. Thank you, and have a wonderful day!
Review

They continually call. We have asked them to stop calling.

They keep calling back. Today was 4 times in a row within minutes.

Take us off your calling list. 607-936-9911 {{Readacted}}