Filter by rating
City:
Product:
Testimonial

American Power and Gas - Review from satisifed customer

I am satisfied and Rick worked really quick. I appreciate he worked really hard and called me back sooner than I expected. I am really a satisfied customer. Thank you very much for concerning yourself with me. – Diane
Good customer service

American Power and Gas - American Power & Gas customer service department is wonderful

4.7
I haven't had a lot of problems with American Power and gas but one day I had a problem with part of my bill and after calling and speaking to a customer service rep, the issue was completely fixed the same day and I wasn't expecting to actually hear anything back based on how other suppliers have treated me. The American Power and Gas customer service department is the best, they are very ncie and actually make the effort to fix everything. Also they made sure that my rate is lower than when I was with the utility. I wouldn't go anywhere else. Also they have a rebate check after a year which you wouldn't get from the utility.

American Power and Gas - Harassed Constantly by a scam company

Thank you so much for alerting us about your experience with one of our enrollment representatives. We take consumer feedback very seriously and believe it is one of the most important resources we have to improve our quality of service. While we sincerely apologize for any upset our solicitation may have caused, we believe we have resolved your concerns already. If this is not the case or if you have any additional numbers you would like placed on our DNC, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or at customerservice@goapg.com. Thank you again for contacting us and have a wonderful day.
Poor customer service

Rosalee is a complete ***. She insists it's not a scam, as they "have a copy of your bill". The number was reported to the IL Commerce Commision.

American Power and Gas in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Bait & switch

Thank you for leaving a review for American Power & Gas. We would appreciate the opportunity to further look into your billing details and would like to discuss a resolution for your concerns. Unfortunately, we believe our attempts to reach you have been unsuccessful. Would you kindly contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or email us at customerservice@goapg.com? Simply leave the preferred phone number and timeframe and one of our representatives will reach out to you within 24 hours.  Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!
Pricing issue
Preferred solution
discontinued service

More than doubled the introductory rate in a matter of 5 months. Thieves.

Stay away. I called and they offered me the intro rate again. What does that tell you. They tried hard to keep me as a customer but I felt like I was taken advantage.

See ya later.

There are much better companies listed on PA POwer switch. Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware.

American Power and Gas - They are awful

Thank you so much for alerting us about your experience with one of our enrollment representatives. We take consumer feedback very seriously and believe it is one of the most important resources we have to improve our quality of service. We would like to place your telephone number on our Do Not Call list and use it to investigate any interaction that caused upset. Would you kindly provide the telephone number we contacted to Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491, or you may reach us at customerservice@goapg.com. Again, thank you very much for contacting us and giving us the opportunity to look into this matter.
Poor customer service

They called my office implying something was terribly wrong with my electric billing and I needed to call them right away. I called, I was very sick.

Monique hung up. I called several more times. She would not answer. Cowards.

They are extremely pushed sales people. with no regard for people at all.

American Power and Gas - Upsetting, hostile, rude

Thank you so much for providing feedback and alerting us about your experience with one of our enrollment representatives. We take consumer feedback very seriously and believe it is one of the most important resources we have to improve our quality of service. We would like to place your telephone number on our Do Not Call list and use it to investigate any interaction that caused upset. Would you kindly provide the telephone number we contacted to Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491, or you may reach us at customerservice@goapg.com. Again, thank you very much for contacting us and giving us the opportunity to look into this matter.
Review
Cons
  • Bait and switch scam
  • Hostile
  • Disrespectful

June 14th, I received a call at my place of business , I realized immediately that this was a telemarketing call for electric so I said no thank you and hung up. They called back and said we were cut off by mistake and insisted they would hold on while I get my bill out ,so in a very firm voice I said it was no mistake I hung up because I do not wish to switch , well they called 3 more times in a row and then had another rep call telling me write down their name and a confirmation number,which ended with me screaming don't change my company and I'm calling the police for harassment !

American Power and Gas - Scammers

Thank you very much for taking the time to bring this to our attention.  We are sorry for the experience you have had with a representative from American Power and Gas and it is simply not okay with us. We would like to minimally place your number on our DNC list and would appreciate the opportunity to hear more about your experience. Unfortunately, we believe our attempts to reach you have been unsuccessful. Would you please contact our Customer Service directly at 1-800-205-7491 or at customerservice@goapg.com? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Poor customer service

They will tell you that they are required by law to hold and to get your bill. Ask them what law and as soon as you hear APG, i recommend record the conversation.

I will sue you for lying about law and for phone call harrasment. They would lie saying that no changes will appear on your bill but then saying later on if their company name doesn't show up, they ask you to call them and they will fix it. They just want you to change to their company.

A bunch of liars and thiefs. I have everything recorded.

Testimonial

American Power and Gas - Restored faith in customer service

On May 30 I called American Power and Gas and got Adam M. as a customer representative. The problem was that I unknowingly paid a lot more for something under a condition I didn't even know about. He said he would check out a three year old telephone recording. I wasn't sure he would ever get back to me. The easiest solution for him would be ignore the issue, say too bad and claim company policy. Today, May 31, he called me back. In a very timely fashion he had fully researched the situation and had gotten approval for a significant refund. I was extremely surprised and pleased. I would be very happy to have him be my customer service representative any time, any where. He restores my faith in dealing with the human race. It was a pleasure working with Adam.
American Power and Gas's reply to:

American Power and Gas - Rude persistent phone call and he called me back after hanging up

Thank you so much for alerting us about your experience with one of our enrollment representatives. We take consumer feedback very seriously and believe it is one of the most important resources we have to improve our quality of service. We sincerely apologize for any upset our solicitation may have caused and would like to confirm your telephone number was placed on our Do Not Call list. Would you kindly contact us directly and provide the telephone number called to Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491, or you may reach us at customerservice@goapg.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Review
Cons
  • Rude pushy sales staff
Poor customer service

They called this morning and I politely told them I was not interested, and then I hung up. They called back immediately and berated me.

I demanded that they they put me on their do not call list. It took a while, but they said they would comply with my request. They had incorrect information about my electrical supplier. They kept saying that they are not trying to sell anything, but I made them walk through the steps and it certainly would be a sales event if I signed up.

They then continued the rude high pressure sales methods.

I again told them that I have no time for this. I hung up again.

American Power and Gas - Ignorant Phone Room Call

Poor customer service

Just called my office with demands of speaking to the manager immediately, has been trying to get in touch with him for weeks. I begin to question him (because you can hear the phone room noise in the background) of what this call is in reference to and he keeps talking over me.

Finally tell him that we are not interested, I don't care about a rebate and I am not getting an electric bill out to review with him and I hang up. He has since called back three times, yes, three times, arguing with me about his phone call.

Unbelievable. I cannot even fathom why any company would use this practice of strong arming people into using them for electricity.