Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
American Power and Gas's reply to:

American Power and Gas in Seminole, Florida - Rudest phone call I have had in a long time.

Thank you very much for taking the time to bring this to our attention.  We are sorry for the experience you have had with a representative from American Power and Gas and it is simply not okay with us. We would like to minimally place your number on our DNC list and would appreciate the opportunity to hear more about your experience. Unfortunately, we believe our attempts to reach you have been unsuccessful. Would you please contact our Customer Service directly at 1-800-205-7491 or at customerservice@goapg.com? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Review
Cons
  • Disrespectful
  • Pushy
  • Hostile
Poor customer service

A representative from this company called the office I work at. Without even saying hello or introducing himself he blurts "I need to speak to the owner right now." This is a large company and the owner is certainly not in my office.

He then demanded that I give him the number to the owner immediately, and was very nasty when I told him I was not authorized to give him that information. Here's a tip.

If you are trying to sell something to somebody, don't be disrespectful and obnoxious. The tone was so nasty that if it had been in person, I might have hit the guy.

American Power and Gas - Rebate Review

Thank you for leaving this review for American Power & Gas. We would appreciate the opportunity to further look into your billing details and would like to discuss a resolution for your concerns. If you are amenable, kindly contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or email us at customerservice@goapg.com with the preferred phone number and timeframe and one of our representatives will reach out to you within 24 hours.  Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!
1.3

Switched from Peco as my supplier to American power and gas for a very low "variable" rate with the promise of a 25% rebate check on my energy costs. Well they increased my rates 50% more then peco, i didn't cancel because didn't want to lose the rebate check, then when i got it it was only for $27 freaken dollars!!

It was only for 25% of my average month's billing!!

Rip off artists!! This company can go to ***!!

American Power and Gas - Electricity Supply Review

Thank you so much for providing feedback and alerting us about your experience. While we sincerely apologize for any upset our solicitation may have caused, we believe we have resolved your concerns already. If this is not the case or if you have any additional concerns, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or at customerservice@goapg.com. Thank you again for contacting us and have a wonderful day.
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
1.1

Somehow our non profit electric account was switched over to American power and gas with no approval by the officers or administration. Called customer service and basically tough.

Filed puc of Ohio complaint and finally today got a reply of 50% return of the overpayment delta between our contracted company and these snakes.

Now we are going to after board approval go state and Ferc authorities. This company refused to provide documentation

American Power and Gas - Phone harassment. terrible company

Thank you so much for alerting us about your experience with one of our enrollment representatives. We take consumer feedback very seriously and believe it is one of the most important resources we have to improve our quality of service. We sincerely apologize for any upset our solicitation may have caused and would like to confirm your telephone number was placed on our Do Not Call list. Would you kindly contact us directly and provide the telephone number called to Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491, or you may reach us at customerservice@goapg.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Poor customer service

A slimy sales rep from the company called me three times in a row. All the calls were within the span of one minute.

I kept telling him I wasn't interested and hung up. And immediately he would call back. This was harassment and completely illegal.

The reason I hung up on him was because (1) he wasn't listening to me and kept bulldozing through my non-interest and request to end the call and (2) I had tried American Gas and Electric in the past and found that contrary to their promise, they ended up costing me 50-80% more in utility charges than my local *** Edison. It was a scam pure and simple.

American Power and Gas - Scammers is right

Thank you so much for providing feedback and alerting us about your experience. We believe we have resolved your concerns already, however, if this is not the case or if you have any further questions, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or at customerservice@goapg.com. Thank you again for contacting us and have a wonderful day.
Review
Pros
  • Service if they gave me what they told me they would
Cons
  • Customer service that does not return calls
  • Bait switch game
  • High rates
Pricing issue
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Update by user Apr 17, 2017

It has been resolved, but not adequately resolved. I finally spoke with someone who was very professional and efficient in sending us a $550 + - refund check to compensate for the misunderstanding/overcharge.

I can not mark as "fully resolved" as the amount sent was only approximately 60% of what I was owed. However, I am done dealing with them and felt some success in getting at least $550.

Update by user Mar 17, 2017

Pure and simple-they teach their sales people to say and do anything to get the account, then once they have you, they hope you will not see that they are not holding to the things they verbally told you would happen - rate doubling 6 months later and different line items disappearing on your bills.

Original review posted by user Mar 16, 2017

Just like the other reviewer - bait & switch. After an exhausting phone call and lengthy notes and analysis in August 2016, I switched my small business to them for Gas & Electric.

I was told as part of the "deal" that I would be getting rebate checks in 1 year. I was told to factor in my analysis that the "customer charge" on the bills would also be removed by the switch. I was also told that the rates are always around the rates of competitor companies. Well, they will NOT honor the removal of the customer charges, my rates have doubled after about 6 months, and I get no calls back to solve this issue.

I get, "we aren't responsible for that charge, it's impossible to remove that charge, etc....

I suppose when I go to cancel my account tomorrow, I will not get a prorated rebate because I did not stay on it for a year. Going to report them and post about them everywhere I can find.

American Power and Gas's reply to:

American Power and Gas - They fleeced my elderly father out of hundreds of dollars!

Thank you for leaving this review for American Power & Gas. We would appreciate the opportunity to further look into your billing details and would like to discuss a resolution for your concerns. If you have not done so already, would you kindly contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or email us at customerservice@goapg.com ? Simply leave the preferred phone number and timeframe and one of our representatives will reach out to you within 24 hours.  Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!
Review
#1019398 Review #1019398 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cons
  • Bait and switch scam
Pricing issue

This company is a bunch of scammers! They call you with lofty promises of lowering your monthly bills, they talk a good game about how much money you will save and they even entice you with the incentive of getting a 25% rebate at the end of the year.

Sounds great, right? Don't be fooled! After my father switched to them, his rates nearly TRIPLED!! By the time we noticed what was happening, 6 months had passed and he was saddled with paying off exorbitant bills that he cannot afford on his fixed income!

They should be ashamed of themselves for taking advantage of consumers like this! Even after we disconnected and went back to our previous supplier, they kept calling and trying to trick us into coming back, in spite of the fact that we had requested that they put us on their 'Do Not Call' list.

They violated this many times, and I reported them to the FCC. Stay away from this company, they are scam artists!

Testimonial

American Power and Gas - Every little bit helps

As Treasurer of the Fulton Co. Historical Society, I called about our tax exempt status and Rick checked that the certificate was received, checked with his supervisor, and within ten minutes returned my call to tell me that a rebate check for over $1,300.00 was being sent to our organization.
Good customer service
Testimonial

American Power and Gas - Extra Savings

Excellent and superior service. Jo kindly resolved my problem, so new checks will be forwarded. Additionally she reviewed my account and made revisions for additional savings. She was most respectful, with knowledge that she shared with me. I could not be more pleased.
Good customer service

American Power and Gas in Seminole, Florida - Extra Bill

Thank you for bringing your billing concerns to our attention. Based on the text of your review, it sounds as though you were in the middle of a billing cycle when cancellation was processed on your account. We would like the opportunity to discuss this with you and fully resolve your upset, as well as answer any questions you may have. Please contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or at customerservice@goapg.com. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Problems with payment

I don't know what is going on. We closed the account and I received a bill from aep for $44.00 then weeks later i receive another bill from American for $70.

I thought the $44 was the final bill. American says it is for supply chgs. The account is closed, why do I have supply chgs. Also, they called me every week about joining their green program.

Sure glad I didn't do that. These people are scammers. Should never have switched to them in the first place. After I switched, they never stopped bugging me.

They were like telemarketers.

And I have gotten more calls from other companies since I switched to them so, they must sell your info over and over. They need to be shut down because they are taking a lot of money from a lot of people.

American Power and Gas - Electricity Supply Review

Thank you for leaving a review for American Power & Gas. We would appreciate the opportunity to further look into your billing details and would like to discuss a resolution for your concerns. If you have not done so already, would you kindly contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or email us at customerservice@goapg.com ? Simply leave the preferred phone number and timeframe and one of our representatives will reach out to you within 24 hours.  Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!
Problems with payment

I just received my bill from American Power &Gas for december 2016. We switched them in september 2016 as they promised my wife a 5.9cents savings per kilowatt compared to our current bill if she agreed to thier green energy program.

Unfortunately, she trusted them without checking thier reputation. We were paying AEP energy in august 2016 5.95 cents per kilowatt. Our first month with American Power & Gas we paid 8.99 cents for September. October 2016 10.72 cents November 2016 12.6 cents December 2016 15.26 cents.

The current rate for December 2016 if bought through the utility company ohio edison is 5.25 cents. How is this company not in jail for charging almost 3 times more than the other suppliers for the same exact service. Who is interested in joining a class action lawsuit against them. I am a landacaper in Ohio where i have 8 month of income and barely make through the winters paying bills with out income.

A $240 a month electric bill is normal. $632.35 for the same exact service is criminal.