Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
American Power and Gas's reply to:

American Power and Gas - This company preys on people that don't understand VARIABLE rates

Thank you for leaving a review for American Power & Gas. We would appreciate the opportunity to further look into your billing details and would like to discuss a resolution for your concerns. If you have not done so already, would you kindly contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or email us at customerservice@goapg.com ? Simply leave the preferred phone number and timeframe and one of our representatives will reach out to you within 24 hours.  Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!
Problems with payment

Do not fall for their BS! They tell you that you are going to save money but by the second month your rate will double!

By agreeing to work with them, you are allowing them to charge you what ever they want. And it will be HIGH (18 cents/kWh for me). Do not fall for their scripted pitch. You will regret it.

I wanted to lower my rate.

They promised a rebate of 25% off of one month's bill if I stayed with them for a year. If I had stayed with them for a year, the 25% rebate wouldn't nearly have made up for the 300% increase in my rate.

American Power and Gas - Unethical Business Practice

Problems with payment

I was called by American Power and Gas in April of 2016. They pitched a rate that was about 1/2 cent per kwh lower than my current supplier and also that it would remain lower than my current supplier.

When I reviewed my May bill I noticed the rate they pitched. In November I noticed a much higher rate than what they promised and in December I noticed it was over 5 cents per kwh higher than the power company.

I called AP&G figuring there must be some kind of mistake. I learned quickly their system is a scam; they get you to sign up and then slowly raise the rate hoping the increases are not noticed.

American Power and Gas - Review in Utility category

Gracias por dejar un comentario para American Power & Gas. Nos gustaría tener la oportunidad de discutir esto con usted y escuchar sobre su experiencia. Si todavía no lo ha hecho, contacte Servicio al cliente al 1-800-205-7491 o en customerservice@goapg.com. ¡Esperamos escuchar de usted pronto!
Review

Son unos ladrones bandoleros y malandros

American Power and Gas in Seminole, Florida - Biggest SCAM American Power & Gas

Thank you for leaving a review for American Power & Gas. We would appreciate the opportunity to further look into your billing details and would like to discuss a resolution for your concerns. Unfortunately, we believe our attempts to reach you have been unsuccessful. Would you kindly contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or email us at customerservice@goapg.com ? Simply leave the preferred phone number and timeframe and one of our representatives will reach out to you within 24 hours.  Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!
Review
Cons
  • Pump and dump scam
Loss
$2000
Preferred solution
Full refund

American Power & Gas called me to reduce my electric and gas bill last April. For two months they lowered my rate by .02cents/KH for the next 5 months they overcharged me by .06 before I caught on.

I called them, I told them the situation and I asked them how they will remedy the situation. The customer service rep said they can't do anything for the last five months, but to make up for the last 5 months and seeing how upset I was they offered to lower my current .13 rate to .11, how nice of them. I had several quotes today not for 2 months but for a year that would lower the rate to .07.

So they way I figure it, they being fair is still 50% more than you can get at other providers. Please do not use them for Electricy Power or Gas they are a rip off.

American Power and Gas - Rebate Review

3.5
American Power and Gas, it's the best scam since you cancle and they keep your rebait.If you stay with them for the whole year they will give you back 25 percent of your average months generation charge.They only are paying you back with your own money.The said part is not only are the customers getting ripped The directors and employees that work at American Power and Gas are good people being lied to and forced to scam.Most of yhe employees donot even relise the Irony of the companys owners they work for.All those misfits working at American Power And Gas making more money then they have ever made before working at American Power and Gas so why would they leave.American Power And Gas also AGR only keeps the morally unfit and i compatint employes that they hire.A lot of drugs and rumors surround American Power and Gas.They actually have a lot of employees with crimal records working their an some of them are drug dealers or users of narcotics. The owners secretly have cult meetings with CES another enerfy broker services provider's in witch they plot out how to stay a step a head of the laws. I really feel sorry for the incompatint employees that are young not selling or doing drugs with there life and.jus trying to be a part of something big or get a good job.The Directors get paid the least and the telemarketers pushing this *** are making more then they could anywhere els so they stay.If their was a way to give rebaits every company would give rebaits.Your wil go up 1 month, then again and again every month untill you cancle and thats how they keep your rebait if you dont cancle and stay on for the whole year they will just give you your money back and keep the rest.And the rebait is less then you over pay. They wont be around for long but the owners already jave plans for that so If you here the name Tom Cummings, be aware and if you ever talk to him twll him he is makong a bad example as a father for his beutiful daoughter who is a victim of his madness.Tom Cummings and his affiliates have to be the biggest crooks in the entire deregulation energy industry .This is not how it's suppose to be, deregulation is a good thing like when Telecommunications industry was deregulated. Its supposed to give the customer the advantage and power to choose. File a complaint don't let them get away with all that blood money.
American Power and Gas's reply to:

American Power and Gas in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Same sad utility story.

Not as described/ advertised

Signed up for variable rate, which started around $0.06-$0.07/kw and almost immediately jumped to $0.11-$0.12/kw. Obviously, variable rates change and I went into it knowing this to be the case. I would not expect rates to double and stay at the high price though. Other providers are able to provide 2 year contracts around $0.07/kw so there is no demand justification for that much of a jump.

In addition to price inflation, I was contacted by an American Power & Gas rep after the first month. It was a ruse to offer cleaner and more ecofriendly energy at an extra $0.03/kw. Despite indicating that I was not interested, the rep kept repeating his script about taking "advantage" of this offer. The wording was very deceptive and always ended with "you understand and accept this, correct?" For this kind of shady "offer" to be done quickly and over the phone is really unprofessional.

While no service issues were experienced, this isn't the type of company I resonate with and want to support. I was about halfway to the certificate/rebate that they offer and I'm not even interested in getting this. That should indicate what type of experience this was overall.

American Power and Gas in Continental, Ohio - Lies

Thank you so much for alerting us about your experience with one of our enrollment representatives. We take consumer feedback very seriously and believe it is one of the most important resources we have to improve our quality of service. We would like to place your telephone number on our Do Not Call list and use it to investigate any interaction that caused upset. Would you kindly provide the telephone number we contacted to Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491, or you may reach us at customerservice@goapg.com. Again, thank you very much for contacting us and giving us the opportunity to look into this matter.
Poor customer service

Debbie talked me into giving my account numbers by saying they were affiliated with our power company and that we were already enrolled in the "choice" program. I told them we were already in contract with someone else, and they said that doesn't matter because we are in the "choice" program.

Well, IT DOES matter and now I am attempting to rescind my new "contract" with them that they set up by me giving them account numbers! I am usually very vigilant with things like this, but this lady was a SMOOTH talker.

Beware! I am waiting for a call back from them to assure me that this new contract is rescinded.

American Power and Gas in Clearfield, Pennsylvania - Criminal Harrassment

Thank you so much for providing feedback and alerting us about your experience. While we sincerely apologize for any upset our solicitation may have caused, we believe we have resolved your concerns already. If this is not the case or if you have any additional numbers you would like placed on our DNC, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or at customerservice@goapg.com. Thank you again for contacting us and have a wonderful day.
Problems with payment

I signed on (for my business) with American Power and Gas in December 2014. Service started mid January 2015. My first bill was fine. They were my supplier for all of 12 days on that bill. The next bill came and my rate had more than doubled. I tried contacting them, but they didn't return my calls. I switched back to Penelec ASAP.

For over a year now, they continually call me. They argue with me and say it's not a sales call. They interrupt my business day and if I hang up or don't answer, they continue to call back. I have repeatedly asked, begged, and yelled at them to stop calling me. I don't have an account with them, I haven't had an account with them for over a year.

I have just filed a complaint with the PUC.

American Power and Gas's reply to:

American Power and Gas in Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania - American Power & Gas -- STAY AWAY

Thank you so much for providing feedback and alerting us about your experience. We believe we have resolved your concerns already, however, if this is not the case or if you have any further questions, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or at customerservice@goapg.com. Thank you again for contacting us and have a wonderful day.
Pricing issue

The Pitch: Lower energy charges and, after one year, a rebate of 25% of your average monthly charges.

The Reality: A lower energy charge for one, maybe two months then big increases.

My bill went up between $30 and $40 per month.

After a year,that would mean paying an extra $300 to $400 more than if I had just stayed with PPL for all my electric service. Of course, at the end of the year, American Power & Gas would have sent me that promised rebate....of about $25!

American Power & Gas is a bait-and-switch scam that reels you in with phony promises of low prices and cash rebates. DON'T fall for it!

If you have already been ripped off, do the following:

1. Call and complain to your electric company. Some companies have already complained to the State about this outfit;

2. Call the Public Utility Commission (P.U.C.) at 1-800-692-7380.

(Please note, this is the phone number for PA. In other states, check the phone book, internet or your electric company for the number to call)

American Power and Gas's reply to:

American Power and Gas in Brooklyn, New York - Infuriated Consumer - Inflated Prices on Electric Bills

Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction

American Power & Gas is a scam. They sign you up with promises of savings. I have been over paying on my electric bills and I gave them proof of their over-inflated rates and they refused to adjust my bills. I am infuriated with this company as I feel they are just a marketing fraud. They pretend to tell you they have the best rates and then they don't deliver and make good on their promise.

I am still reeling over the fact that I have been over paying too much.

I want a fair resolution.