Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

American Power and Gas scam

Thank you for leaving this review for American Power & Gas. We would appreciate the opportunity to further look into your billing details and would like to discuss a resolution for your concerns. If you have not done so already, would you kindly contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or email us at customerservice@goapg.com? Simply leave the preferred phone number and timeframe and one of our representatives will reach out to you within 24 hours. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!
Service
American Power And Gas Electricity Supply
Pricing issue

Like most reviews you can read anywhere on the net, I signed up with A.P.&G after hearing their claims to save some money on my electricity. They said the rates were variable, but competitive, and promised a 25% rebate after the term.

Like the rest, my rates skyrocketed after the first few months, even though (due to new light fixtures, etc.) my usage went down (10-30% less kwh than the previous year , month to month!!). My latest bill was actually more than double what my bill with them was the same cycle the previous year, even though I used 27% less power!!!

American Power and Gas in Westfield, New Jersey - Rate doubled after 2 months

Thank you for leaving a review for American Power & Gas. We would appreciate the opportunity to further look into your billing details and would like to discuss a resolution for your concerns. Unfortunately, we believe our attempts to reach you have been unsuccessful. Would you kindly contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or email us at customerservice@goapg.com ? Simply leave the preferred phone number and timeframe and one of our representatives will reach out to you within 24 hours.  Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!
Service
American Power And Gas Rebate
Preferred solution
Price reduction
1.3

Received a call from sales person his name was Michael Martinez, from American Power & Gas with this great deal of .065c rate which was about 3c cheaper than the existing company. I got the speech that the rates are flexible but they are competitive so they don't jump that quickly plus the 25% rebate at the end of the year which by the way is only 25% on the month average and not what you spent for the year.

After 2 billing cycles my rate went to .18c almost tripled. This can't be legal...I'm about to switch to another company.

American Power and Gas's reply to:

American Power and Gas in Moorestown Township, New Jersey - DO NOT SWITCH TO AMERICAN POWER & GAS

Pricing issue

First month was lower. After that the bills were higher than we have ever had.

They are a scam. DO NOT USE. They are a ripoff. First month was lower.

After that the bills were higher than we have ever had. They are a scam. DO NOT USE. They are a ripoff.

First month was lower. After that the bills were higher than we have ever had. They are a scam. DO NOT USE.

They are a ripoff. First month was lower. After that the bills were higher than we have ever had. They are a scam.

DO NOT USE. They are a ripoff.

American Power and Gas's reply to:

American Power and Gas in West Grove, Pennsylvania - Rep lied but it wasn't recorded that they were less for a year!

Thank you so much for providing feedback and alerting us about your experience. While we sincerely apologize for any upset our solicitation may have caused, we believe we have resolved your concerns already. If this is not the case or if you have any additional numbers you would like placed on our DNC, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or at customerservice@goapg.com. Thank you again for contacting us and have a wonderful day.
Not as described/ advertised

We've 8 accounts.(apts & home) The rep for American Power & Gas called for us to switch offering us 25% after a year and stated they were .01 less than our present carrier (peco) for a year ; and, offering a variable rate with no cancellation charges. (Too good to be true--then it is)The first month bill was accurate as stated.

The second month was almost doubled and none of the KH per hour charges were the same. Now, four of the accounts were at the same location/building, all with different rates. I called AP&G immediately and told them I was told they were .01 less for a year than peco they said they would investigate and find the recording. One week later I was told they listened to their rep and no such statement was made!

They Offered us a 'Good Will Gesture' check. haven't gotten it; and called our Utility Commission to report which they're investigating.. Don't believe what they say..Get it in writing.

I'd rather fight than switch. too much time & frustration

American Power and Gas is a Bait-And-Switch Scam

Loss

Trying to save on electric costs, I signed up with American Power and Gas on their "intro" rate of $.06+ per kwh, next month rate was $.10+ per kwh, the following month it went to $.23+ per kwh, Ridiculously High! I was told it was "the market", but their advertised rate is still $.06+ per kwh, and competitors rates are around $.085 per kwh, so clearly NOT the market conditions.

No satisfaction from customer service, got combative. This is clearly criminal behavior.

Avoid like the plague. (More words, more words, more words, more words to meet the 100 word minimum)