Product: American Power And Gas Electricity Supply Clear all filters (11 of 11 reviews match)
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

American Power and Gas - Very sneaky

I got an $1155.00 electric bill this month and said wow. I looked at the whole bill and at the bottom wouldn't you know it there is american power and gas as my supplier. I cancelled them 2 years ago but somehow they seemed to wiggle their way back on, no idea how but lo and behold there they were. I called them 32 times before I was able to get ahold of someone. I explained to them the situation and all I got from them was oh we are sorry, we will refund you $ 33.56. Man what a bunch of swindlers. Stay away from these people
Bad quality

American Power and Gas in Largo, Florida - Liars and scam artists

These people offer you and practically push you to sign up with them and they’re “low rate” and rebate check without mentioning the rates will sky rocket after a few months. I ended up paying triple what I was and it’s very hard to cancel. Just called to cancel last week and I’m going to be more pissed if it doesn’t go through! Stay away

I had "Victoria" from American Power and Gas call this morning and she was extremely pushy about talking to my boss. I knew it was some kind of scam so I told them he wasn't in the office.

Then she asked if I could give her my boss's personal number and that wasn't happening. I blocked the number so I don't have to deal with them again.

Problems with payment

American Power and Gas - Total harassment from Dunedin Florida and Toledo Ohio numbers.

4.0
This has been going on since June 18. Total of 12 calls and they were told NO on the first ones.
Poor customer service

American Power and Gas in Chillicothe, Ohio - RIP OFF!

My gas bill doubled from 39 cents to 79 cents! Needless to say I am in the process of switching companies NOW. Never fall into their money back and best price BS. Not a happy customer when a bill goes from 230 to 500 for month!
Preferred solution
Price reduction

American Power and Gas

Do not trust what they say. They call constantly saying they will give $50 discounts per month on each electric and gas. It does not matter they still cost more than PSEG. They will also say that you can cancel at any time. Sure you can cancel at any time but they will not tell you that it takes at least 3 months for them to cancel and switch back to PSEG or whatever else you were using and in the meantime you are still paying their exorbitant prices. Yes you can sign up and they will have you with their company immediately but when you want to quit them it takes forever and a load of money out of your pocket. Just don't do it!!! Trust me.
Pricing issue

American Power and Gas in Greensburg, Pennsylvania - Aggressive and rude.

We are a church. Called three times in a row. First, no message, no one there. Next call, a woman and wanted to know our treasurers phone number. I told her she would have to put something in writing and send it. Would not tell me what she was calling about. Told her to have a good day and I hung up. She called me again:. Same scenario except this time she told me: "listen, I am calling a church and you are being snippy and rude". Oh boy! Then I did say goodbye and hung up! Did not call back.
American Power And Gas Electricity Supply

American Power and Gas in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey - Do not believe their savings claims

I had started with American power and gas a few months ago and my electric and gas prices have NEVER been so much money, the prices are double and triple the amounts that THEY promised. I called to cancel and they said that I was getting the "clean energy" price and they will change it and it will lower the costs. Well unfortunately, I was talked into staying and my prices were even HIGHER! They tell you that you can cancel at any time but they do not tell you that it takes a couple of months for the cancellation to go through so I am still paying their ridiculous prices. I was paying between $60 and $120. per month for my PSE&G and when I changed to American Power and Gas I have been paying upwards of $250 per month. IT IS INSANE! I cancelled last month but am still paying their prices waiting for the cancellation to go through!! DO NOT CHANGE KEEP YOUR PSE&G OR YOU WILL BE SORRY LIKE I AM...…...

American Power and Gas - Electricity Supply Review

Thank you for leaving a review for American Power & Gas. We would appreciate the opportunity to further look into your billing details and would like to discuss a resolution for your concerns. If you have not done so already, would you kindly contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or email us at customerservice@goapg.com ? Simply leave the preferred phone number and timeframe and one of our representatives will reach out to you within 24 hours.  Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!
Problems with payment

I just received my bill from American Power &Gas for december 2016. We switched them in september 2016 as they promised my wife a 5.9cents savings per kilowatt compared to our current bill if she agreed to thier green energy program.

Unfortunately, she trusted them without checking thier reputation. We were paying AEP energy in august 2016 5.95 cents per kilowatt. Our first month with American Power & Gas we paid 8.99 cents for September. October 2016 10.72 cents November 2016 12.6 cents December 2016 15.26 cents.

The current rate for December 2016 if bought through the utility company ohio edison is 5.25 cents. How is this company not in jail for charging almost 3 times more than the other suppliers for the same exact service. Who is interested in joining a class action lawsuit against them. I am a landacaper in Ohio where i have 8 month of income and barely make through the winters paying bills with out income.

A $240 a month electric bill is normal. $632.35 for the same exact service is criminal.

American Power and Gas - Electricity Supply Review

Thank you so much for providing feedback and alerting us about your experience. While we sincerely apologize for any upset our solicitation may have caused, we believe we have resolved your concerns already. If this is not the case or if you have any additional concerns, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or at customerservice@goapg.com. Thank you again for contacting us and have a wonderful day.
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
1.1

Somehow our non profit electric account was switched over to American power and gas with no approval by the officers or administration. Called customer service and basically tough.

Filed puc of Ohio complaint and finally today got a reply of 50% return of the overpayment delta between our contracted company and these snakes.

Now we are going to after board approval go state and Ferc authorities. This company refused to provide documentation

Contact American Power and Gas Customer Service

All American Power and Gas Contacts

American Power and Gas Reviews

American Power and Gas reviews

American Power and Gas in Seminole, Florida - Biggest SCAM American Power & Gas

Thank you for leaving a review for American Power & Gas. We would appreciate the opportunity to further look into your billing details and would like to discuss a resolution for your concerns. Unfortunately, we believe our attempts to reach you have been unsuccessful. Would you kindly contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or email us at customerservice@goapg.com ? Simply leave the preferred phone number and timeframe and one of our representatives will reach out to you within 24 hours.  Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!
American Power And Gas Electricity Supply
Cons
  • Pump and dump scam
Loss
$2000
Preferred solution
Full refund

American Power & Gas called me to reduce my electric and gas bill last April. For two months they lowered my rate by .02cents/KH for the next 5 months they overcharged me by .06 before I caught on.

I called them, I told them the situation and I asked them how they will remedy the situation. The customer service rep said they can't do anything for the last five months, but to make up for the last 5 months and seeing how upset I was they offered to lower my current .13 rate to .11, how nice of them. I had several quotes today not for 2 months but for a year that would lower the rate to .07.

So they way I figure it, they being fair is still 50% more than you can get at other providers. Please do not use them for Electricy Power or Gas they are a rip off.