Product: American Power And Gas Residential Electricity Supply Clear all filters (12 of 12 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

American Power and Gas in Scranton, Pennsylvania - BEWARE OF THEM!

When this company American power and Gas called they were very pushy and promised that they had lower rates and offered a rebate.......Like everyone I thought I could have a savings.They stated the commodity charge was lower than our provider. However it was a lie ! It was much higher than my supplier ! The first bill I received was double of what I ever paid and I called immediately to cancel. I received a letter from UGI that they were once again my supplier but then the next bill I received is that American power and gas is still my supplier! And my bill reflected anther charge to American power and Gas. Again a high bill! I want them cancelled! I am filing a complaint to PUC and report what they are doing. They lie directly to the consumer, I will attest to that.At no time did I have a lower bill . In fact I had the highest bills ever since I purchased my home! And it appears they are ignoring my demand to cancel their service!

...

American Power and Gas - Over priced by double

horrible horrible service, I try calling to have bill explained and have been on the phone listening how they want to sell me car insurance, service repair warranty, hearing loss hearing aids, no one has attempted to listen to my concern.
Poor customer service
Loss
Full refund

DO NOT CHANGE TO AMERICAN POWER AND GAS

they promised lower prices and did not deliver. They also promised I can cancel at any time but they never tell you that when you cancel that it takes 2 months to change back to PSE&G and in the mean time you are still paying their exorbitant prices. they may tell you that you are paying less than PSE&G but they never tell you about the addition money that they add on that more than doubles the prices you were previously paying. Do not change, you will be sorry, like I am.... I also just noticed that I payed my bill last month on time but a day later the money was returned to my account and now they are charging me a late fee.. this is ridiculous. anything to squeeze more money out of you.
American Power And Gas Residential Electricity Supply
Cons
  • Cancellation policy
Full refund

American Power and Gas in Seminole, Florida - A promised rebate check and way overcharged!

I was contacted by American Power & Gas that we have a rebate check. After a month or two with them as our suppliers they switched us to the "green program" which we had never agreed to, so they switched us back. After another two months they charged us $.12 KH and then the next month it is $.16! I called to see what is going on and they said "Oh, you have a variable rate." There was no offer to remedy the situation. I have no idea why I ever would have agreed to something so absurd if they would have told me that right away!

Looking into changing suppliers. So glad I read these reviews. Definitely will not use this provider.

I was just contacted by this company and they made it sound good ,until they got to variable rate . I was skeptical so I told them I’d do my research and get back to them . After the reviews I read I think I’m staying with my fixed rate .

View more comments (1)
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

American Power and Gas in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Bait & switch

Thank you for leaving a review for American Power & Gas. We would appreciate the opportunity to further look into your billing details and would like to discuss a resolution for your concerns. Unfortunately, we believe our attempts to reach you have been unsuccessful. Would you kindly contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or email us at customerservice@goapg.com? Simply leave the preferred phone number and timeframe and one of our representatives will reach out to you within 24 hours.  Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!
discontinued service

More than doubled the introductory rate in a matter of 5 months. Thieves.

Stay away. I called and they offered me the intro rate again. What does that tell you. They tried hard to keep me as a customer but I felt like I was taken advantage.

See ya later.

There are much better companies listed on PA POwer switch. Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware.

American Power and Gas - Scammers is right

Thank you so much for providing feedback and alerting us about your experience. We believe we have resolved your concerns already, however, if this is not the case or if you have any further questions, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or at customerservice@goapg.com. Thank you again for contacting us and have a wonderful day.
American Power And Gas Residential Electricity Supply
Pros
  • Service if they gave me what they told me they would
Cons
  • Customer service that does not return calls
  • Bait switch game
  • High rates
Loss
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

Update by user Apr 17, 2017

It has been resolved, but not adequately resolved. I finally spoke with someone who was very professional and efficient in sending us a $550 + - refund check to compensate for the misunderstanding/overcharge.

I can not mark as "fully resolved" as the amount sent was only approximately 60% of what I was owed. However, I am done dealing with them and felt some success in getting at least $550.

Update by user Mar 17, 2017

Pure and simple-they teach their sales people to say and do anything to get the account, then once they have you, they hope you will not see that they are not holding to the things they verbally told you would happen - rate doubling 6 months later and different line items disappearing on your bills.

Original review posted by user Mar 16, 2017

Just like the other reviewer - bait & switch. After an exhausting phone call and lengthy notes and analysis in August 2016, I switched my small business to them for Gas & Electric.

I was told as part of the "deal" that I would be getting rebate checks in 1 year. I was told to factor in my analysis that the "customer charge" on the bills would also be removed by the switch. I was also told that the rates are always around the rates of competitor companies. Well, they will NOT honor the removal of the customer charges, my rates have doubled after about 6 months, and I get no calls back to solve this issue.

I get, "we aren't responsible for that charge, it's impossible to remove that charge, etc....

I suppose when I go to cancel my account tomorrow, I will not get a prorated rebate because I did not stay on it for a year. Going to report them and post about them everywhere I can find.

American Power and Gas's reply to:

American Power and Gas - They fleeced my elderly father out of hundreds of dollars!

Thank you for leaving this review for American Power & Gas. We would appreciate the opportunity to further look into your billing details and would like to discuss a resolution for your concerns. If you have not done so already, would you kindly contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or email us at customerservice@goapg.com ? Simply leave the preferred phone number and timeframe and one of our representatives will reach out to you within 24 hours.  Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!
Review
#1019398 Review #1019398 is a subjective opinion of poster.
American Power And Gas Residential Electricity Supply
Cons
  • Bait and switch scam
Pricing issue

This company is a bunch of scammers! They call you with lofty promises of lowering your monthly bills, they talk a good game about how much money you will save and they even entice you with the incentive of getting a 25% rebate at the end of the year.

Sounds great, right? Don't be fooled! After my father switched to them, his rates nearly TRIPLED!! By the time we noticed what was happening, 6 months had passed and he was saddled with paying off exorbitant bills that he cannot afford on his fixed income!

They should be ashamed of themselves for taking advantage of consumers like this! Even after we disconnected and went back to our previous supplier, they kept calling and trying to trick us into coming back, in spite of the fact that we had requested that they put us on their 'Do Not Call' list.

They violated this many times, and I reported them to the FCC. Stay away from this company, they are scam artists!

American Power and Gas's reply to:

American Power and Gas - This company preys on people that don't understand VARIABLE rates

Thank you for leaving a review for American Power & Gas. We would appreciate the opportunity to further look into your billing details and would like to discuss a resolution for your concerns. If you have not done so already, would you kindly contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or email us at customerservice@goapg.com ? Simply leave the preferred phone number and timeframe and one of our representatives will reach out to you within 24 hours.  Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!
Problems with payment

Do not fall for their BS! They tell you that you are going to save money but by the second month your rate will double!

By agreeing to work with them, you are allowing them to charge you what ever they want. And it will be HIGH (18 cents/kWh for me). Do not fall for their scripted pitch. You will regret it.

I wanted to lower my rate.

They promised a rebate of 25% off of one month's bill if I stayed with them for a year. If I had stayed with them for a year, the 25% rebate wouldn't nearly have made up for the 300% increase in my rate.

American Power and Gas - Unethical Business Practice

Problems with payment

I was called by American Power and Gas in April of 2016. They pitched a rate that was about 1/2 cent per kwh lower than my current supplier and also that it would remain lower than my current supplier.

When I reviewed my May bill I noticed the rate they pitched. In November I noticed a much higher rate than what they promised and in December I noticed it was over 5 cents per kwh higher than the power company.

I called AP&G figuring there must be some kind of mistake. I learned quickly their system is a scam; they get you to sign up and then slowly raise the rate hoping the increases are not noticed.

Contact American Power and Gas Customer Service

Phone:
(888) 815-6971
All American Power and Gas Contacts
American Power and Gas's reply to:

American Power and Gas in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Same sad utility story.

Not as described/ advertised

Signed up for variable rate, which started around $0.06-$0.07/kw and almost immediately jumped to $0.11-$0.12/kw. Obviously, variable rates change and I went into it knowing this to be the case. I would not expect rates to double and stay at the high price though. Other providers are able to provide 2 year contracts around $0.07/kw so there is no demand justification for that much of a jump.

In addition to price inflation, I was contacted by an American Power & Gas rep after the first month. It was a ruse to offer cleaner and more ecofriendly energy at an extra $0.03/kw. Despite indicating that I was not interested, the rep kept repeating his script about taking "advantage" of this offer. The wording was very deceptive and always ended with "you understand and accept this, correct?" For this kind of shady "offer" to be done quickly and over the phone is really unprofessional.

While no service issues were experienced, this isn't the type of company I resonate with and want to support. I was about halfway to the certificate/rebate that they offer and I'm not even interested in getting this. That should indicate what type of experience this was overall.