State: Florida Clear all filters (7 of 76 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

American Power and Gas in Largo, Florida - Liars and scam artists

These people offer you and practically push you to sign up with them and they’re “low rate” and rebate check without mentioning the rates will sky rocket after a few months. I ended up paying triple what I was and it’s very hard to cancel. Just called to cancel last week and I’m going to be more pissed if it doesn’t go through! Stay away

American Power and Gas in Seminole, Florida - Great overall experience

5.0
The employees I interacted with were very nice and professional. I really enjoyed working with them.

You work for APG or you never looked at the rate

Review
#1620890 Review #1620890 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Pros
  • Great customer service
  • Great to work with
  • Green energy
Exactly as described/ advertised

American Power and Gas in Seminole, Florida - A promised rebate check and way overcharged!

I was contacted by American Power & Gas that we have a rebate check. After a month or two with them as our suppliers they switched us to the "green program" which we had never agreed to, so they switched us back. After another two months they charged us $.12 KH and then the next month it is $.16! I called to see what is going on and they said "Oh, you have a variable rate." There was no offer to remedy the situation. I have no idea why I ever would have agreed to something so absurd if they would have told me that right away!

Looking into changing suppliers. So glad I read these reviews. Definitely will not use this provider.

I was just contacted by this company and they made it sound good ,until they got to variable rate . I was skeptical so I told them I’d do my research and get back to them . After the reviews I read I think I’m staying with my fixed rate .

View more comments (1)
Pricing issue
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
American Power and Gas's reply to:

American Power and Gas in Seminole, Florida - Rudest phone call I have had in a long time.

Thank you very much for taking the time to bring this to our attention.  We are sorry for the experience you have had with a representative from American Power and Gas and it is simply not okay with us. We would like to minimally place your number on our DNC list and would appreciate the opportunity to hear more about your experience. Unfortunately, we believe our attempts to reach you have been unsuccessful. Would you please contact our Customer Service directly at 1-800-205-7491 or at customerservice@goapg.com? We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Review
Cons
  • Disrespectful
  • Pushy
  • Hostile
Poor customer service

A representative from this company called the office I work at. Without even saying hello or introducing himself he blurts "I need to speak to the owner right now." This is a large company and the owner is certainly not in my office.

He then demanded that I give him the number to the owner immediately, and was very nasty when I told him I was not authorized to give him that information. Here's a tip.

If you are trying to sell something to somebody, don't be disrespectful and obnoxious. The tone was so nasty that if it had been in person, I might have hit the guy.

American Power and Gas in Seminole, Florida - Extra Bill

Thank you for bringing your billing concerns to our attention. Based on the text of your review, it sounds as though you were in the middle of a billing cycle when cancellation was processed on your account. We would like the opportunity to discuss this with you and fully resolve your upset, as well as answer any questions you may have. Please contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or at customerservice@goapg.com. Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Problems with payment

I don't know what is going on. We closed the account and I received a bill from aep for $44.00 then weeks later i receive another bill from American for $70.

I thought the $44 was the final bill. American says it is for supply chgs. The account is closed, why do I have supply chgs. Also, they called me every week about joining their green program.

Sure glad I didn't do that. These people are scammers. Should never have switched to them in the first place. After I switched, they never stopped bugging me.

They were like telemarketers.

And I have gotten more calls from other companies since I switched to them so, they must sell your info over and over. They need to be shut down because they are taking a lot of money from a lot of people.

American Power and Gas in Seminole, Florida - Biggest SCAM American Power & Gas

Thank you for leaving a review for American Power & Gas. We would appreciate the opportunity to further look into your billing details and would like to discuss a resolution for your concerns. Unfortunately, we believe our attempts to reach you have been unsuccessful. Would you kindly contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or email us at customerservice@goapg.com ? Simply leave the preferred phone number and timeframe and one of our representatives will reach out to you within 24 hours.  Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!
Review
Cons
  • Pump and dump scam
Pricing issue
Loss
$2000
Preferred solution
Full refund

American Power & Gas called me to reduce my electric and gas bill last April. For two months they lowered my rate by .02cents/KH for the next 5 months they overcharged me by .06 before I caught on.

I called them, I told them the situation and I asked them how they will remedy the situation. The customer service rep said they can't do anything for the last five months, but to make up for the last 5 months and seeing how upset I was they offered to lower my current .13 rate to .11, how nice of them. I had several quotes today not for 2 months but for a year that would lower the rate to .07.

So they way I figure it, they being fair is still 50% more than you can get at other providers. Please do not use them for Electricy Power or Gas they are a rip off.

American Power and Gas - Rebate Review

3.5
American Power and Gas, it's the best scam since you cancle and they keep your rebait.If you stay with them for the whole year they will give you back 25 percent of your average months generation charge.They only are paying you back with your own money.The said part is not only are the customers getting ripped The directors and employees that work at American Power and Gas are good people being lied to and forced to scam.Most of yhe employees donot even relise the Irony of the companys owners they work for.All those misfits working at American Power And Gas making more money then they have ever made before working at American Power and Gas so why would they leave.American Power And Gas also AGR only keeps the morally unfit and i compatint employes that they hire.A lot of drugs and rumors surround American Power and Gas.They actually have a lot of employees with crimal records working their an some of them are drug dealers or users of narcotics. The owners secretly have cult meetings with CES another enerfy broker services provider's in witch they plot out how to stay a step a head of the laws. I really feel sorry for the incompatint employees that are young not selling or doing drugs with there life and.jus trying to be a part of something big or get a good job.The Directors get paid the least and the telemarketers pushing this *** are making more then they could anywhere els so they stay.If their was a way to give rebaits every company would give rebaits.Your wil go up 1 month, then again and again every month untill you cancle and thats how they keep your rebait if you dont cancle and stay on for the whole year they will just give you your money back and keep the rest.And the rebait is less then you over pay. They wont be around for long but the owners already jave plans for that so If you here the name Tom Cummings, be aware and if you ever talk to him twll him he is makong a bad example as a father for his beutiful daoughter who is a victim of his madness.Tom Cummings and his affiliates have to be the biggest crooks in the entire deregulation energy industry .This is not how it's suppose to be, deregulation is a good thing like when Telecommunications industry was deregulated. Its supposed to give the customer the advantage and power to choose. File a complaint don't let them get away with all that blood money.

Contact American Power and Gas Customer Service