State: New Jersey Clear all filters (5 of 76 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

American Power and Gas

Do not trust what they say. They call constantly saying they will give $50 discounts per month on each electric and gas. It does not matter they still cost more than PSEG. They will also say that you can cancel at any time. Sure you can cancel at any time but they will not tell you that it takes at least 3 months for them to cancel and switch back to PSEG or whatever else you were using and in the meantime you are still paying their exorbitant prices. Yes you can sign up and they will have you with their company immediately but when you want to quit them it takes forever and a load of money out of your pocket. Just don't do it!!! Trust me.

DO NOT CHANGE TO AMERICAN POWER AND GAS

they promised lower prices and did not deliver. They also promised I can cancel at any time but they never tell you that when you cancel that it takes 2 months to change back to PSE&G and in the mean time you are still paying their exorbitant prices. they may tell you that you are paying less than PSE&G but they never tell you about the addition money that they add on that more than doubles the prices you were previously paying. Do not change, you will be sorry, like I am.... I also just noticed that I payed my bill last month on time but a day later the money was returned to my account and now they are charging me a late fee.. this is ridiculous. anything to squeeze more money out of you.
Review
Cons
  • Cancellation policy
Preferred solution
Full refund

American Power and Gas in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey - Do not believe their savings claims

I had started with American power and gas a few months ago and my electric and gas prices have NEVER been so much money, the prices are double and triple the amounts that THEY promised. I called to cancel and they said that I was getting the "clean energy" price and they will change it and it will lower the costs. Well unfortunately, I was talked into staying and my prices were even HIGHER! They tell you that you can cancel at any time but they do not tell you that it takes a couple of months for the cancellation to go through so I am still paying their ridiculous prices. I was paying between $60 and $120. per month for my PSE&G and when I changed to American Power and Gas I have been paying upwards of $250 per month. IT IS INSANE! I cancelled last month but am still paying their prices waiting for the cancellation to go through!! DO NOT CHANGE KEEP YOUR PSE&G OR YOU WILL BE SORRY LIKE I AM...…...
American Power and Gas's reply to:

American Power and Gas in Westfield, New Jersey - Rate doubled after 2 months

Thank you for leaving a review for American Power & Gas. We would appreciate the opportunity to further look into your billing details and would like to discuss a resolution for your concerns. Unfortunately, we believe our attempts to reach you have been unsuccessful. Would you kindly contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or email us at customerservice@goapg.com ? Simply leave the preferred phone number and timeframe and one of our representatives will reach out to you within 24 hours.  Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!
Preferred solution
Price reduction
1.3

Received a call from sales person his name was Michael Martinez, from American Power & Gas with this great deal of .065c rate which was about 3c cheaper than the existing company. I got the speech that the rates are flexible but they are competitive so they don't jump that quickly plus the 25% rebate at the end of the year which by the way is only 25% on the month average and not what you spent for the year.

After 2 billing cycles my rate went to .18c almost tripled. This can't be legal...I'm about to switch to another company.

American Power and Gas's reply to:

American Power and Gas in Moorestown Township, New Jersey - DO NOT SWITCH TO AMERICAN POWER & GAS

Thank you for leaving this review for American Power & Gas. We would appreciate the opportunity to further look into your billing details and would like to discuss a resolution for your concerns. If you have not done so already, would you kindly contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or email us at customerservice@goapg.com? Simply leave the preferred phone number and timeframe and one of our representatives will reach out to you within 24 hours. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!
Pricing issue

First month was lower. After that the bills were higher than we have ever had.

They are a scam. DO NOT USE. They are a ripoff. First month was lower.

After that the bills were higher than we have ever had. They are a scam. DO NOT USE. They are a ripoff.

First month was lower. After that the bills were higher than we have ever had. They are a scam. DO NOT USE.

They are a ripoff. First month was lower. After that the bills were higher than we have ever had. They are a scam.

DO NOT USE. They are a ripoff.

Contact American Power and Gas Customer Service