State: Pennsylvania Clear all filters (8 of 76 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

American Power and Gas in Greensburg, Pennsylvania - Aggressive and rude.

We are a church. Called three times in a row. First, no message, no one there. Next call, a woman and wanted to know our treasurers phone number. I told her she would have to put something in writing and send it. Would not tell me what she was calling about. Told her to have a good day and I hung up. She called me again:. Same scenario except this time she told me: "listen, I am calling a church and you are being snippy and rude". Oh boy! Then I did say goodbye and hung up! Did not call back.
Review

American Power and Gas in Scranton, Pennsylvania - BEWARE OF THEM!

When this company American power and Gas called they were very pushy and promised that they had lower rates and offered a rebate.......Like everyone I thought I could have a savings.They stated the commodity charge was lower than our provider. However it was a lie ! It was much higher than my supplier ! The first bill I received was double of what I ever paid and I called immediately to cancel. I received a letter from UGI that they were once again my supplier but then the next bill I received is that American power and gas is still my supplier! And my bill reflected anther charge to American power and Gas. Again a high bill! I want them cancelled! I am filing a complaint to PUC and report what they are doing. They lie directly to the consumer, I will attest to that.At no time did I have a lower bill . In fact I had the highest bills ever since I purchased my home! And it appears they are ignoring my demand to cancel their service!

...

American Power and Gas in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Bait & switch

Thank you for leaving a review for American Power & Gas. We would appreciate the opportunity to further look into your billing details and would like to discuss a resolution for your concerns. Unfortunately, we believe our attempts to reach you have been unsuccessful. Would you kindly contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or email us at customerservice@goapg.com? Simply leave the preferred phone number and timeframe and one of our representatives will reach out to you within 24 hours.  Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!
Preferred solution
discontinued service

More than doubled the introductory rate in a matter of 5 months. Thieves.

Stay away. I called and they offered me the intro rate again. What does that tell you. They tried hard to keep me as a customer but I felt like I was taken advantage.

See ya later.

There are much better companies listed on PA POwer switch. Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware, Beware.

American Power and Gas in Clearfield, Pennsylvania - Criminal Harrassment

Thank you so much for providing feedback and alerting us about your experience. While we sincerely apologize for any upset our solicitation may have caused, we believe we have resolved your concerns already. If this is not the case or if you have any additional numbers you would like placed on our DNC, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or at customerservice@goapg.com. Thank you again for contacting us and have a wonderful day.
Problems with payment

I signed on (for my business) with American Power and Gas in December 2014. Service started mid January 2015. My first bill was fine. They were my supplier for all of 12 days on that bill. The next bill came and my rate had more than doubled. I tried contacting them, but they didn't return my calls. I switched back to Penelec ASAP.

For over a year now, they continually call me. They argue with me and say it's not a sales call. They interrupt my business day and if I hang up or don't answer, they continue to call back. I have repeatedly asked, begged, and yelled at them to stop calling me. I don't have an account with them, I haven't had an account with them for over a year.

I have just filed a complaint with the PUC.

American Power and Gas's reply to:

American Power and Gas in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - Same sad utility story.

Thank you for leaving a review for American Power & Gas. We would appreciate the opportunity to further look into your billing details and would like to discuss a resolution for your concerns. If you have not done so already, would you kindly contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or email us at customerservice@goapg.com ? Simply leave the preferred phone number and timeframe and one of our representatives will reach out to you within 24 hours.  Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!
Not as described/ advertised

Signed up for variable rate, which started around $0.06-$0.07/kw and almost immediately jumped to $0.11-$0.12/kw. Obviously, variable rates change and I went into it knowing this to be the case. I would not expect rates to double and stay at the high price though. Other providers are able to provide 2 year contracts around $0.07/kw so there is no demand justification for that much of a jump.

In addition to price inflation, I was contacted by an American Power & Gas rep after the first month. It was a ruse to offer cleaner and more ecofriendly energy at an extra $0.03/kw. Despite indicating that I was not interested, the rep kept repeating his script about taking "advantage" of this offer. The wording was very deceptive and always ended with "you understand and accept this, correct?" For this kind of shady "offer" to be done quickly and over the phone is really unprofessional.

While no service issues were experienced, this isn't the type of company I resonate with and want to support. I was about halfway to the certificate/rebate that they offer and I'm not even interested in getting this. That should indicate what type of experience this was overall.

American Power and Gas's reply to:

American Power and Gas in Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania - American Power & Gas -- STAY AWAY

Thank you so much for providing feedback and alerting us about your experience. We believe we have resolved your concerns already, however, if this is not the case or if you have any further questions, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or at customerservice@goapg.com. Thank you again for contacting us and have a wonderful day.
Pricing issue

The Pitch: Lower energy charges and, after one year, a rebate of 25% of your average monthly charges.

The Reality: A lower energy charge for one, maybe two months then big increases.

My bill went up between $30 and $40 per month.

After a year,that would mean paying an extra $300 to $400 more than if I had just stayed with PPL for all my electric service. Of course, at the end of the year, American Power & Gas would have sent me that promised rebate....of about $25!

American Power & Gas is a bait-and-switch scam that reels you in with phony promises of low prices and cash rebates. DON'T fall for it!

If you have already been ripped off, do the following:

1. Call and complain to your electric company. Some companies have already complained to the State about this outfit;

2. Call the Public Utility Commission (P.U.C.) at 1-800-692-7380.

(Please note, this is the phone number for PA. In other states, check the phone book, internet or your electric company for the number to call)

American Power and Gas's reply to:

American Power and Gas in West Grove, Pennsylvania - Rep lied but it wasn't recorded that they were less for a year!

Not as described/ advertised

We've 8 accounts.(apts & home) The rep for American Power & Gas called for us to switch offering us 25% after a year and stated they were .01 less than our present carrier (peco) for a year ; and, offering a variable rate with no cancellation charges. (Too good to be true--then it is)The first month bill was accurate as stated.

The second month was almost doubled and none of the KH per hour charges were the same. Now, four of the accounts were at the same location/building, all with different rates. I called AP&G immediately and told them I was told they were .01 less for a year than peco they said they would investigate and find the recording. One week later I was told they listened to their rep and no such statement was made!

They Offered us a 'Good Will Gesture' check. haven't gotten it; and called our Utility Commission to report which they're investigating.. Don't believe what they say..Get it in writing.

I'd rather fight than switch. too much time & frustration

American Power and Gas is a Bait-And-Switch Scam

Thank you for leaving this review for American Power & Gas. We would appreciate the opportunity to further look into your billing details and would like to discuss a resolution for your concerns. If you have not done so already, would you kindly contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or email us at customerservice@goapg.com? Simply leave the preferred phone number and timeframe and one of our representatives will reach out to you within 24 hours. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!
Loss

Trying to save on electric costs, I signed up with American Power and Gas on their "intro" rate of $.06+ per kwh, next month rate was $.10+ per kwh, the following month it went to $.23+ per kwh, Ridiculously High! I was told it was "the market", but their advertised rate is still $.06+ per kwh, and competitors rates are around $.085 per kwh, so clearly NOT the market conditions.

No satisfaction from customer service, got combative. This is clearly criminal behavior.

Avoid like the plague. (More words, more words, more words, more words to meet the 100 word minimum)

Contact American Power and Gas Customer Service