Reply by American Power and Gas

Thank you for leaving a review for American Power & Gas. We would appreciate the opportunity to further look into your billing details and would like to discuss a resolution for your concerns. If you have not done so already, would you kindly contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or email us at customerservice@goapg.com ? Simply leave the preferred phone number and timeframe and one of our representatives will reach out to you within 24 hours.  Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you!
Author's

Signed up for variable rate, which started around $0.06-$0.07/kw and almost immediately jumped to $0.11-$0.12/kw. Obviously, variable rates change and I went into it knowing this to be the case. I would not expect rates to double and stay at the high price though. Other providers are able to provide 2 year contracts around $0.07/kw so there is no demand justification for that much of a jump.

In addition to price inflation, I was contacted by an American Power & Gas rep after the first month. It was a ruse to offer cleaner and more ecofriendly energy at an extra $0.03/kw. Despite indicating that I was not interested, the rep kept repeating his script about taking "advantage" of this offer. The wording was very deceptive and always ended with "you understand and accept this, correct?" For this kind of shady "offer" to be done quickly and over the phone is really unprofessional.

While no service issues were experienced, this isn't the type of company I resonate with and want to support. I was about halfway to the certificate/rebate that they offer and I'm not even interested in getting this. That should indicate what type of experience this was overall.

Review about: American Power And Gas Residential Electricity Supply.

Reason of review: Not as described.