Reply by American Power and Gas

Thank you so much for providing feedback and alerting us about your experience. We believe we have resolved your concerns already, however, if this is not the case or if you have any further questions, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-205-7491 or at customerservice@goapg.com. Thank you again for contacting us and have a wonderful day.
Author's
Additional Fees

Update by user Apr 17, 2017

It has been resolved, but not adequately resolved. I finally spoke with someone who was very professional and efficient in sending us a $550 + - refund check to compensate for the misunderstanding/overcharge.

I can not mark as "fully resolved" as the amount sent was only approximately 60% of what I was owed. However, I am done dealing with them and felt some success in getting at least $550.

Update by user Mar 17, 2017

Pure and simple-they teach their sales people to say and do anything to get the account, then once they have you, they hope you will not see that they are not holding to the things they verbally told you would happen - rate doubling 6 months later and different line items disappearing on your bills.

Original review posted by user Mar 16, 2017

Just like the other reviewer - bait & switch. After an exhausting phone call and lengthy notes and analysis in August 2016, I switched my small business to them for Gas & Electric.

I was told as part of the "deal" that I would be getting rebate checks in 1 year. I was told to factor in my analysis that the "customer charge" on the bills would also be removed by the switch. I was also told that the rates are always around the rates of competitor companies. Well, they will NOT honor the removal of the customer charges, my rates have doubled after about 6 months, and I get no calls back to solve this issue.

I get, "we aren't responsible for that charge, it's impossible to remove that charge, etc....

I suppose when I go to cancel my account tomorrow, I will not get a prorated rebate because I did not stay on it for a year. Going to report them and post about them everywhere I can find.

Review about: American Power And Gas Residential Electricity Supply.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I liked: Service if they gave me what they told me they would.

I didn't like: Bait switch game, High rates, Customer service that does not return calls.